READ FIRST!

If you are a student, or parent of a student, in any of Mr. Scott's 2009-2010 Grade 11 classes, including Advanced Placement Language & Composition, you are in the WRONG place!

Please continue to the appropriate blog by clicking on the correct link below:

Eleventh Grade Enlgish

AP English 11 Language & Composition


Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Recess EXTRA CREDIT!

English 10-3 A/C Days, Block 4
English 10-4 B/D Days, Block 2


One way in which you can earn additional credit (+10 points) toward your recently returned Sort Card Test is to set-up a Goodreads.com account and befriend Mr. Scott. What conscientious young student wouldn’t want to be his or her teacher’s “friend” on a social network for lovers of books?

Here are the simple instructions for setting up your Goodreads Profile:

1. Go to www.goodreads.com.

2. Under “Welcome to Goodreads” press the “sign up” button.

3. Enter your name, e-mail address and create a password. (HINTS: When selecting a name, please be sure that it is one that I can easily identify as you. For example, my “name” is Scotty and I have a picture which shows who I am… if I can’t readily figure out who you are, I can’t give you extra credit.

4. Leave the “send me new book reviews from my friends” box checked.

5. Once you have set up you have registered, go to the “explore” button in the tool bar to find me. (HINTS: I would suggest looking under “1 miles from 14607," then scroll down until you find “Scotty.” My avatar/icon (for now) is Jigo from Princess Mononoke, pictured to the top right of this post). Click on the avatar to take you to my page and “add as friend”

6. You MUST “befriend” your old teaching buddy Mr. Scott by January 4 in order to receive +10 points added to your test grade.

7. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at jean-paul.scott@greece.k12.ny.us
Read Up and Write On!

0 comments: